Guest speaker, Kent Bandy
(You can find a recording of this sermon here.)
This Touching Base is a useful tool for small group discussion, personal reflection or in a one-on-one conversation. We believe that if the Sunday teaching is discussed outside of the morning services, it will be an opportunity to go deeper and build healthy community because God's Word needs to be discussed in community.
This Touching Base may help some who are currently involved in Freemasonry or want to learn more about this organization. Understand that it is Bethel’s desire that we live Biblically-measured lives, that we examine our hearts in light of God’s truth and live in a way that is consistent with God’s Word. The following are some questions and resources to reflect on this morning’s teaching.
- How do we evaluate if an organization is in harmony with Christ and the message of the Gospel?
- Is social contribution enough to merit the church’s endorsement?
- In light of our track record of responses, how should we, as the church, respond?
- How does loving our neighbor play out in a God-honoring way?
- What’s the Lord saying to you personally through this conversation about Freemasonry?
If interested in joining or starting a small group contact email@example.com
FOR FURTHER READING
Harris, Jack. Freemasonry, The Invisible Cult. ISBN 978-0-88363-669-0
Gordon, Ian. The Craft and the Cross. ISBN 0-9528865-0-2
Online: (all websites were accessible as of 17 Jan 13)
Scottish Rite Masonic Museum & Library
Help for the church:
Ellel Ministries International - Freemasonry: a Christian response.